This chocolate mousse is so easy to make and only has two ingredients and takes five minutes (hands-on) to make.
- 450 g chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate with 50-60% cocoa content
- 300 mls heavy whipping cream
- Topping: cocoa powder, grated chocolate, or fruits (optional)
- melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave (in 30-second bursts) or use a double boiler.
- Transfer the chocolate to a bowl. Let the chocolate cool down a little. Do not put into the fridge, since this will firm up the chocolate too much. It should still be soft and kind of liquid.
- Whip the cream. The peaks should be in between soft and firm (do not overwhip).
- Using a spatula, fold/stir in the melted chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into ramekins, glasses, or jars and put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Shortly before serving, you can sprinkle the mousse with chocolate powder or grated chocolate.
Would you like to learn more about capturing images like this? Check out ‘Table and Plate’ food photography online class