I made the panna cotta mixture as per the recipe below and filled individual cups, and set aside in the fridge overnight. I served them the next day. I found it easier to do it this way. Requires at least 2 hours to set. I found it easier to run a knife around the inside of the cup to help the panna cotta slide out.
Removing from moulds onto a plate, then dressed with passionfruit syrup, and fresh Summer berries
- 300mls pure cream
- 300mls full cream milk
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (Or vanilla bean pod, seeds scraped)
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons gelatine
- Combine cream & milk, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth and heated through. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Pour boiling water into a heatproof jug. Sprinkle over gelatine. Using a fork, whisk to dissolve the gelatine. Set aside to cool slightly. Add to cream mixture. Stir to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Whisk to combine. Pour mixture into moulds. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Top panna cotta with passionfruit and fresh fruit
Would you like to learn more about food photography? Check out my Table & Plate food photography class, all online and you can do it all at your own pace.