Rustic? Well, it is quite rustic and does not look store-bought at all, in fact, it is probably a little rough in spots but tastes divine and so easy to make.
I used Lactose-free cream and cream cheese, as well as Gluten-free arrowroot biscuits for my cheesecake base, but you can use normal cream, butter, cream cheese and sweet biscuits. Alternatively, you could use pureed strawberries instead of lemons and make strawberry cheesecake.
- 1 1/4 cups sweet biscuit crumbs
- 80g melted butter
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 400g cream
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 boiling water
- Line base of 20cm springform pan with baking paper
- Mix biscuit crumbs and butter and press into the base of the pan and chill
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, mix in cream and gelatin mix, add lemon juice and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture onto the pan and refrigerate for a minimum of three hours, preferably overnight.
- Dress with candied lemons and frozen blueberries before serving