Cherry Tomatoes & Chorizo Penne
The tomatoes were blistered and cooked in a little olive oil, I then sliced the chorizo and grilled in the same pan as the tomatoes. I then placed these amongst the pasta and topped with fresh basil and shaved Parmesan cheese and some cracked pepper.
This is a firm family favourite and so easy to make. I have switched to gluten-free penne pasta and lactose-free cream and cream cheese, and shredded cheese, however, you can use normal pasta and ingredients.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 125g cream cheese
- 300ml cooking cream
- 125g packet bacon pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 Parmesan cheese
- Thyme, Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, cracked black pepper – all to taste
Cook the pasta as per packet instructions, I use a pack that serves four (250g) for this amount of sauce.
- cook the bacon in a little olive oil
- add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- add the stock, cream and cream cheese, mix through
- add the cheeses, herbs and pepper
- stir often to prevent sticking
- once all cheese has melted it is ready to serve
- drain cooked pasta and place in carbonara sauce, coating all pasta
- serve immediately