You can make the zucchini noodles at home, or you can buy them ready cut and just steam them in the microwave, add some basil pesto, some baby spinach leaves and fresh cherry tomatoes, create a light, yet filling meal.
Basil Pesto Recipe
- 4 cups fresh basil
- 5 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino Cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash and dry basil leaves
- place 1/2 basil leaves, salt, and olive oil, pulse, then add remaining basil, salt and oil and pulse again
- Add pine nuts, both kinds of cheese and pulse again
- Serve over cooked pasta or noodles, add a little olive oil to drizzle and toss through
- Remaining pesto can be stored in the fridge for a few days.